AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS
AGDA (Australian Graphic Design Awards) Finalist – 2016
I was awarded as a finalist at the AGDA awards for two separate body of works
Featured and Interviewed in Publication – 2014
I was interviewed and have work featured in Design Genius: The Ways and Workings of Creative Thinkers by Gavin Ambrose (Author)
Design Genius celebrates the creative thought processes of 69 leading artists, designers, creative agencies, animators, illustrators and typographers. While highlighting key design techniques and theories, the visual curiosities presented in this book aim to engage, provoke and inspire.
Whether you are new to design, or a seasoned expert, the many layers of information provided by this book mean it has something for everyone. Readers will delight in the visual and tactile effects of a number of subtle design features, as well as the vast array of illustrations on display. In-depth discussions with the creatives themselves as well as more practical design tips will also help you to discover the power of your own creative problem-solving skills.
Featured and Interviewed in Publication – 2013
I was interviewed and my work was featured in The Fundamentals of Interactive Design by Michael Salmond (Author), Gavin Ambrose (Author).
The Fundamentals of Interactive Design takes a snapshot of the essential areas of digital design and introduces the reader to their importance. It explores best practice for creating within this medium. These fundamentals provide a core skill-set and an invaluable insight into the world of interactive design. This book examines the work flow and process of creating and exporting design across multiple media platforms in a progressive and logical way.
The book is aimed at designers who have never worked within the interactive medium as well as those who have some digital knowledge but are looking for application across a wider spectrum of media. It is also for those looking for inspiration and new creative directions.
SBS Broadcasting Award – 2011
I art directed, filmed and animated a television commercial which was pitched to SBS for a competition. The Social Studio and I won and received free air time for 3 months.
- Gertrude Street Projection Festival – in collaboration with Dina – 18th July 2016
- Melbourne Music Week in collaboration with Thick as Thieves - 18-27 July 2014
- Gertrude Street Projection Festival - 18th July 2015
- Pause Fest edition of Project Pixel Squared – Fed Square Melbourne – 13th February 2015
- Project Pixel Squared - Goodtimes Studio/ Gallery – September 2014
- Gertrude Street Projection Festival in collaboration with FloodSlicer - 18-27 July 2014
- Remix of the Solar System, Little Tengu Gallery, Melbourne – 12 – 27 April 2014
- Inuit Disco and Friends, M2 Gallery, Sydney 24 – 28 November 2012
Submerged featured at the following exhibitions – 2007 – 2011
- First Site RMIT Gallery CAFA & RMIT Joint Exhibition: 29 March – 9 April 2011
- Perth Institute of Contemporary Arts: 12 June – 3 August 2008
- Neo Goth: Back in Black, UQ Art Gallery Queensl &: 23 June – 13 July 2008
- Naoussa International Short Film & Video Festival Municipal Theatre of Naoussa, Thessaloniki Greece - 18 May 2008
- Australian Gothic Directors Lounge in Berlin: 8 February – 18 February 2007